Toxic chemicals such as Dibutyl phthalate (DBP), toulene, and formaldehydte are considered the toxic trio. The Organic Consumers Association reports that the toxins in most nail polishes are poisonous to our reproductive system and are known carciongens. The toxins enter our system via the lungs and are also absorbed through our nails. According to scientist Valetti Lang, acting manager of the Pollution Prevention Branch of the Department of Toxic Substances Control for the California EPA the labeling, "toxin free" does not always reflect the ingredients. Bare nails that reflect our health status could be a better symbol of beauty than a polished one.