Hemp bags are ideal for sprouting beans, lentils and grain. They are durable and portable, so you can easily take them with you to work or on a hike or whenever you want to have a nutritious snack at your fingertips!
11" x 7.5 " - Hemp bag with drawstring
Instructions for using your Hemp Sprouting Bag:
- Rinse your beans or grain for 5 minutes with clean spring water, if possible. (The FDA recommends sanitizing your sproutable beans, grain or seeds by soaking them for 5 minutes with one part household bleach to 10 parts water. Be sure to rinse carefully and thoroughly with clean water to remove any residue. Alternatively, you could use ½ teaspoon of 35% Hydrogen Peroxide to 16 ounces of water. Soak for 5 minutes, rinse well.)
- Soak the beans or grain in water in a bowl or jar for two to six hours. Quite often an overnight soak will do the job just right. Rinse thoroughly.
- Wet and rinse the hemp bag completely by running under cool water or dipping in a bowl or sink filled with cool water.
- Pour the beans or grain into the bag, run water through the bag, pull the bag closed with the drawstring, and hang the bag up to drain.
- Two to four times per day, rinse the bag and beans or grain with cool water and massage the contents to aerate. You do not need to open the bag at all, except to view the growth of your sprouts. Hang the bag up again to drain.
- Repeat the rinsing and hanging process for three to five days.
- Once the sprouts have grown to the length you desire, rinse, eat and enjoy!
- Grown sprouts may be stored in the refrigerator to preserve freshness one they achieve the desired length. Be sure to rinse them in the bag once or twice daily and drain them; this will keep them fresh for one to two weeks, but most likely you will have eaten them all long before that!
- Care and cleaning of your hemp bag is so simple. Just rinse out the empty bag thoroughly with hot water after each use. Detergents aren’t necessary; to sanitize the bag, simply place in boiling water for 3 minutes. With proper care, you will get years of use from your hemp bag.