Buckwheat Bulk, Sprouted, Organic
We soak this raw, organic buckwheat until it germinates, making it sweeter, easier to digest, and more nutritious. Then, we dehydrate it at low temperatures, keeping its nutrients intact. Stock up today with this tasty, versatile source of fiber, protein, magnesium, manganese, copper, phosphorus, and antioxidants!
Ingredients: Organic Whole Raw Sprouted Buckwheat Groats
-Certified Organic, Non-GMO
-Certified Kosher, Pareve
-Processed in a peanut-free, dairy-free, and soy-free facility
Our raw, sprouted, 100% organic buckwheat groats (that’s simply the name for buckwheat kernels) are packed with manganese, copper, phosphorus and magnesium for bone and circulation health. Plus, whole grains like buckwheat not only help lower LDL cholesterol, they deliver fiber, as much protein per half-cup as two eggs, and a range of antioxidants.
Rarely found in grains, tannins, commonly found in tea and wine is present in significant amounts in buckwheat and has been shown to fight viral infections. Lignans and flavonoids protect against cancer and heart disease. Buckwheat is particularly rich in “bound” antioxidants, which are activated by the bacteria in the gut and continue working in the body much longer than other types.
Buckwheat groats are a wonderful gluten-free addition to sweet and savory dishes. They liven up salads, add texture and nuttiness to risottos and veggie burgers, and make delicious granola. For a lovely, simple breakfast, try cooking up some buckwheat groats with a pinch of salt, then enjoying them with maple syrup, cinnamon, and fresh fruit.
Our Better Than Roasted (BTR) sprouting process maximizes the bioavailability of essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients in our buckwheat. It also removes bitterness and concentrates flavor, yielding a sweeter, more easily digestible, and more flavorful grain. Read more about our BTR process HERE.
FUN FACT! Despite its name, buckwheat is not really a grain. It's more closely related to rhubarb than to wheat, and the groat that we grind into flour is its fruit.
Shelf life: One year if properly stored
Storage: Cool, dry, dark area. Buckwheat groats can be refrigerated or frozen to extend freshness.
Best Selling and Featured Products
- Hawaiian Honey, 10 lbs, Organic$59.41Out of stock
- Coconut Water Powder, 8 oz, OrganicSpecial Price $3.45 Regular Price $6.27
- Coconut Water Powder, 16 oz, OrganicSpecial Price $13.46 Regular Price $17.95
- Coconut Sugar Covered Cacao Nibs 5 lbs, OrganicSpecial Price $42.00 Regular Price $49.00
- Cardamom, 5 oz, OrganicSpecial Price $10.46 Regular Price $15.65
- Coconut Milk Powder, 25 lbs, OrganicSpecial Price $137.87 Regular Price $155.00
- Coconut Small Flake 25 lb, OrganicSpecial Price $81.22 Regular Price $95.55
- Coconut Small Flake 5 lb, OrganicSpecial Price $17.25 Regular Price $27.67