1. Wash quinoa thoroughly and cook with double the quantity of water in a sauce pan. If you have a rice cooker, set it under regular rice cooking mode. Meanwhile you can prep the vegetables by washing and cutting them into desired length and pieces.
2. Once cooked allow quinoa to cool and fluff it up with a fork. In a large skillet put 2 teaspoon of oil, when warm enough add cumin seeds, minced garlic and turmeric powder. Be sure to reduce heat as turmeric tends to burn in high temperatures. Add the cut onions and allow it to brown a little bit. Add the bell peppers and allow it to brown a bit. You may also do this separately and add it as a garnish at the end of the recipe to maintain crispness of onion and bell pepper. Add carrots, peas and other vegetables of your choice and stir fry well over medium heat. After few minutes lower the heat and add the cooked quinoa. Give it a good stir so the vegetables and quinoa combine well. Adjust for taste with salt and pepper, take off from the stove.
3. Garnish with slivered almonds, cilantro leaves, lemon juice, sliced avocados, crisped bell pepper & onion mixture and serve.
4. There is no need to confine yourself to the vegetables listed here. You can also add other vegetables you prefer like broccoli, mushrooms, green beans, artichoke hearts, bean sprouts, etc
Nutritional Profile ( per serving)
Total calories – 450, Carbohydrate – 65.5 g, Protein – 14 g, Fat – 14 g, Fiber 10 g
• Excellent source of dietary fiber
• Excellent source of minerals iron, magnesium, and zinc.
• Excellent source of vitamins folate, vitamin A, and C.
• Good source of protein
Blue Mountain Organics is a premier provider of certified organic raw and sprouted nuts, nut butters, flours, grains, dried fruits, and superfoods. We are located in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains in the small agricultural community of Floyd, Virginia.
When it comes to organic, healthy, whole food, Blue Mountain Organics has got you covered. Get ready to take the holidays by storm and come out with more healthful vitality than ever before! Make sure you have these essentials in your pantry for a fun, delicious and super food holiday season.
It’s the season of harvests and autumn and the holidays are just around the corner so get ready to get baking! Baked goods can be heathy and nutritious if whole and heathy foods are used in recipes. Blue Mountain Organics has the goods-- pure, simple, real food, with optimal nutrition.
Baking with whole food sprouted grain, seed, bean and nu ..
All materials related to health information are provided for educational purposes only, and should not be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Always consult your health professional before taking any health supplements.