1. Clean, trim, and peel the carrots. Chop finely and put in a food processor or a blender. Add the spices, the vanilla extract, and coconut oil, and process until the texture is very fine.
2. Reconstitute the dried pineapple (about 1 ring), the raisins, and the dates in a bit of water. When the pineapple and dates are softer, take out, gently squeeze out excess water, and chop into small pieces; set aside. Drain the raisins and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix the carrot mixture, the fruits (pineapple, dates, raisins), shredded coconut, chopped nuts, until well combined.
4. Put the cake mixture in a cake pan or a cupcake pan, pressing down firmly with a spatula. Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
5. When the cake is chill enough, it's ready to ice. In a small bowl, whisk together the almond butter, water, and maple syrup. Spread as thickly over the cake as you dare. For an artistic touch, sprinkle with more coconut flakes and chopped nuts–and feel free to decorate with flowers, or even "feathers"!
Blue Mountain Organics is a premier provider of certified organic raw and sprouted nuts, nut butters, flours, grains, dried fruits, and superfoods. We are located in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains in the small agricultural community of Floyd, Virginia.
When it comes to organic, healthy, whole food, Blue Mountain Organics has got you covered. Get ready to take the holidays by storm and come out with more healthful vitality than ever before! Make sure you have these essentials in your pantry for a fun, delicious and super food holiday season.
It’s the season of harvests and autumn and the holidays are just around the corner so get ready to get baking! Baked goods can be heathy and nutritious if whole and heathy foods are used in recipes. Blue Mountain Organics has the goods-- pure, simple, real food, with optimal nutrition.
Baking with whole food sprouted grain, seed, bean and nu ..
All materials related to health information are provided for educational purposes only, and should not be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Always consult your health professional before taking any health supplements.