1. Clean, trim, and peel the carrots. Chop finely and put in a food processor or a blender. Add the spices, the vanilla extract, and coconut oil, and process until the texture is very fine.
2. Reconstitute the dried pineapple (about 1 ring), the raisins, and the dates in a bit of water. When the pineapple and dates are softer, take out, gently squeeze out excess water, and chop into small pieces; set aside. Drain the raisins and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix the carrot mixture, the fruits (pineapple, dates, raisins), shredded coconut, chopped nuts, until well combined.
4. Put the cake mixture in a cake pan or a cupcake pan, pressing down firmly with a spatula. Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
5. When the cake is chill enough, it's ready to ice. In a small bowl, whisk together the almond butter, water, and maple syrup. Spread as thickly over the cake as you dare. For an artistic touch, sprinkle with more coconut flakes and chopped nuts–and feel free to decorate with flowers, or even "feathers"!
Blue Mountain Organics is a premier provider of certified organic raw and sprouted nuts, nut butters, flours, grains, dried fruits, and superfoods. We are located in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains in the small agricultural community of Floyd, Virginia.
The Paleo Diet
The Paleo Diet tries to exclude foods that humans wouldn’t have eaten during the Paleolithic, or hunter-gatherer, era. That was before people farmed most of their food, so the diet bans foods that our ancestors would not have hunted or gathered: ..
What Is Intermittent Fasting?
It’s hard to say. The term doesn’t refer to one specific diet, but to a range of ways to restrict the window of time in which you eat. Some say this is in order to give your body time to repair cells without bombarding those cells with new pr ..
What is Keto?
The ketogenic diet aims to cut carbs and cause a state called ketosis. During ketosis, the body burns fat, not sugars, for energy. Advocates of the diet say this promotes weight loss and better overall health. The standard keto diet is made up of 75% fat, 20% protein, a ..
All materials related to health information are provided for educational purposes only, and should not be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Always consult your health professional before taking any health supplements.