Raw Vegan Ravioli with Sprouted Walnut Pesto
- Makes 12-16 raviolis
- 1 yellow summer squash
- 4 cups basil, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup sprouted organic walnut butter
- 1/4 cup sprouted organic walnuts, (organic walnuts will also work)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- about 10 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw tahini
- 5-6 tbsp water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a blender or food processor, blend the basil, minced garlic, walnut butter, and walnuts. (If it has trouble blending, add 1 tbsp water). Salt and pepper generously and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini and the water, adding a few tablespoons of water at a time until creamy and absorbed. Add the chopped sundried tomatoes and mix well to form a paste.
3. With a very sharp knife, carefully slice the squash into rounds of about 1/32″ thickness. This takes time, but it will be worth it!
4. To assemble, lay one round of squash on a plate. Add about 1 tsp of the sundried tomato mixture. Top with another squash piece and seal the edges down with a finger or a fork. Repeat until all the squash rounds are used. Drizzle with the pesto sauce, and a bit of raw tahini.