Amaranth Flour, Sprouted, Organic
Starting at : $17.51
Flour of Life sprouted Amaranth Flour is made with organic amaranth that has been soaked, dehydrated, and stone-ground, while maintaining a low temperature to preserve nutrients. Stock up on this great source of protein today!
Ingredients: Organic Raw Sprouted Stone-Ground Amaranth Flour
-Certified Organic, non-GMO
-Certified Kosher, Pareve
-Processed in a peanut-free, dairy-free, and soy-free facility
Amaranth’s earthy, nutty, almost peppery taste makes this gluten-free flour a welcome addition to both savory and sweet baking-- substitute in as much as 50% amaranth flour for the best taste and texture. It’s a great way to add nutrition and flavor to your favorite baked goods, including pancakes, quick breads, pizza dough, flatbreads, and crackers.
Unlike most grains, amaranth is a complete protein, boasting all nine essential amino acids. No other grain has more of the amino acid lysine, which is essential for calcium absorption and healthy muscles.
Amaranth is also an excellent source of manganese and calcium, minerals vital to bone health, and it’s a good source of iron, zinc, phosphorus, and magnesium. Even better, a healthy dose of fiber and unsaturated fat make it hearty, satisfying, and good for keeping blood sugar levels in check.
And it’s sprouted! Our Better Than Roasted (BTR) sprouting process maximizes the bioavailability of essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients in this delicious ancient grain. It also removes bitterness and concentrates flavor, yielding a sweeter, more easily digestible, and more flavorful product. Read more about our BTR process HERE.
Once it’s soaked and sprouted, we stone-grind the amaranth slowly at low temperatures to further preserve sensitive vitamins and nutrients. After all, that’s how flour was first made. Read about the benefits of stone-grinding HERE!
FUN FACT! As early as 8,000 years ago, amaranth was a staple food for the Aztecs, who used it for everything from tortillas to a nutritious amaranth flour and honey drink. When the Spaniards invaded Aztec land, they outlawed the cultivation of amaranth, but the Aztecs continued the tradition of gathering and using wild amaranth-- that’s why we can still enjoy it today!
Shelf life: One year if properly stored
Storage: Cool, dry, dark area. Sprouted flours can be refrigerated or frozen to extend freshness.
Best Selling and Featured Products
- Coconut Water Powder, 8 oz, OrganicSpecial Price $3.45 Regular Price $6.27
- Coconut Water Powder, 16 oz, OrganicSpecial Price $13.46 Regular Price $17.95
- Coconut Sugar Covered Cacao Nibs 5 lbs, OrganicSpecial Price $42.00 Regular Price $49.00
- Cardamom, 5 oz, OrganicSpecial Price $10.46 Regular Price $15.65
- Coconut Milk Powder, 25 lbs, OrganicSpecial Price $137.87 Regular Price $155.00
- Coconut Small Flake 25 lb, OrganicSpecial Price $81.22 Regular Price $95.55
- Coconut Small Flake 5 lb, OrganicSpecial Price $17.25 Regular Price $27.67
- Organic Coconut Butter, 16 ozSpecial Price $5.99 Regular Price $7.42