Red Lentil Flour, Sprouted, Organic
Flour of Life sprouted Lentil Flour is made with organic lentils that have been soaked, dehydrated, and stoneground, while maintaining a low temperature to preserve nutrients. This product is an excellent gluten-free substitute for traditional wheat flours, so stock up today!
Ingredients: Organic Raw Sprouted Stone-Ground Lentil Flour
-Certified Organic, non-GMO
-Certified Kosher, Pareve
-Processed in a peanut-free, dairy-free, and soy-free facility
Lentils are tiny… but they’re nutritional titans! Vegetarians and vegans, rejoice: just a quarter-cup of our 100% raw, organic sprouted lentil flour contains 20% of your daily value of iron and more protein than an egg. It’s also packed with vitamins and minerals, including folate, potassium, zinc, vitamins B1, B5 and B6, copper, phosphorus, manganese, and molybdenum. Plus, a quarter-cup offers half your daily value of fiber.
Hearty, earthy lentil flour is the star of many delicious Indian dishes, from the fermented pancakes called dosa to crunchy, spicy papadum crackers. It’s also a great low-glycemic, gluten-free baking flour. Thanks to its high fiber content, it absorbs a lot of water, so you’ll need to use slightly less lentil flour than you would wheat flour when making goodies like breads, muffins, pizza crust, and cookies. You can even try it as a crunchy, protein-rich breading for meats and veggies.
Our Better Than Roasted (BTR) sprouting process maximizes the bioavailability of essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients in our lentils. It also removes bitterness and concentrates flavor, yielding a sweeter, more easily digestible, and more flavorful flour. Read more about our BTR process HERE.
We stone-grind our lentil flour slowly at low temperatures to further preserve sensitive vitamins and nutrients. After all, that’s how flour was first made! Read about the benefits of stone grinding HERE!
FUN FACT! For most of the 12,000 years that lentils have been cultivated, people have eaten them with whole grains like rice and barley. Nowadays, we know that this forms a complete protein, providing the same complexity of amino acids as meat!
Shelf life: One year if properly stored
Storage: Cool, dry, dark area. Sprouted flours can be refrigerated or frozen to extend freshness.
Best Selling and Featured Products
- Coconut Water Powder, 8 oz, OrganicSpecial Price $3.45 Regular Price $6.27
- Coconut Water Powder, 16 oz, OrganicSpecial Price $13.46 Regular Price $17.95
- Coconut Sugar Covered Cacao Nibs 5 lbs, OrganicSpecial Price $42.00 Regular Price $49.00
- Cardamom, 5 oz, OrganicSpecial Price $10.46 Regular Price $15.65
- Coconut Milk Powder, 25 lbs, OrganicSpecial Price $137.87 Regular Price $155.00
- Coconut Small Flake 25 lb, OrganicSpecial Price $81.22 Regular Price $95.55
- Coconut Small Flake 5 lb, OrganicSpecial Price $17.25 Regular Price $27.67
- Organic Coconut Butter, 16 ozSpecial Price $5.99 Regular Price $7.42